Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thoughts

Everyday I wonder what would life be like without the many things that we use today. I use a computer everyday and don't know what I would do with out it. All my communication to my friends and a lot of family is through email and the internet. Why is it that we can't write letters or do things the old fashion way? Probably because we are so used to using the things that are high tech and faster, that we don't want to go back to the way things were. I would hate to think how I would manage Everything Precious without the internet!
Just think about being a mom back before we had all these high tech toys. Our kids fixate on the noise making advanced toys that we forget about simple blocks or playing with a carboard box. My son loves playing with his Thomas the Train Trackmaster toy and I don't think he would be happy if I took it away. Don't get me wrong, he loves his puzzles and blocks and coloring stuff too, but he does have quite a bit of electronic toys also.

Here is something I encourage all of you parents out there to think about. Would you ever go back to the way things were before there were electronic and high tech toys? Would you stop using the internet or watching TV? Some of us have no choice but to keep the technology because its part of our life and we need it everyday. Others, maybe you could take the time to stop and read a book or do something that has not technology advancement.

No comments:

Post a Comment