Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh the joys of toddlers

Do you remember the day that your little one was born and how you couldn't wait for them to start walking and talking? Well I have to tell you that if you have a 2 year old you might want to reconsider your statement. I love my son to death but they call it the terrible two's for a reason. What do you do when they don't get their own way or they throw a fit because they just can? I am new to the parenting thing because this is my first child and it is hard. Everyone always says "that it will get easier" or "just keep calm and they will stop", but how do you know if you are not the one there when your toddler throws a temper tantrum? They are all different in their attitudes and the way they listen. My son will sometimes just start throwing a fit if I tell him to go play in his room where ALL of his toys are and he has lots of toys to play with. I don't understand why he doesn't want to play in his room, plus he has a stereo in there so he can listen to music too!
Does anyone have suggestions or comments about the terrible toddler years? I could definitely use some.

No comments:

Post a Comment