Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Benefits of Handmade

So what are the benefits of handmade? Do you ever wonder why it would be better to purchase something that was handmade by someone rather then buying it at say Target or any retailer?
Sometimes when I think about it I try to think about what makes me want to buy something that is handmade or custom even. I love the fact that when I make something that I am not just making it to make it. I put thought and love and effort into everything that I create. Whether or not its for me or someone I know or for a customer.
You can't go into a store and get that same feeling knowing that you are buying something and it was made just for you with care. I also do a lot of custom items in my shop that I can put names on or different colors and such. Say you want a specific size, color, and style and its not in the store then you are just out of luck. Not the case when it comes to handmade. Most of the time if you ask the shop owner on Esty or such they will gladly do it to however you would like it.
I communicate with all my customers on what colors they want for which child anklet and what the names for each one. They love the fact that I took the time to find out each and every detail of their order so they get exactly what they want.
Yes sometimes handmade is more expensive then in the store but handmade is a much better quality. You want to know that someone is not just sitting in a factory or a machine didn't make it for you but someone took the time to sit down and custom create something just for you. So next time you want to purchase something then think about going to Etsy and getting something handmade custom to what you want and not just what there is on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment