Monday, March 5, 2012

Patterns

I have always wanted to come up and create my own patterns. Something that is unique and different, but for me it is hard. I keep trying new things and then I get stuck like for a hat how many stitches to do in a ring for a certain size and what to do for different sizes. Then how to add ear flaps to a hat for a pattern that I like that doesn't have ear flaps and I don't know how to add them. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can do some of these things? Thanks for your input!

2 comments:

  1. It's a lot of trial and error when you're first coming up with patterns. Write down EVERYTHING you do. It's easier to pinpoint what worked and what didn't. Have you tried a magic ring to start? It will expand or contract to whatever size you need, the only down side is that you have to really carefully weave the end in so it doesn't unravel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried for help on Ravelry? There are many helpful groups of upcoming designers there!

    ReplyDelete